Creamy Coffee Ice Cream
This homemade coffee ice cream is rich, creamy and refreshing. It's the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 14.5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 pint double or whipping cream whipped
- Place the milk, coffee,- eggs and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a large rigid plastic container, cool and freeze for 1 hour or until half frozen.
- Whisk the evaporated milk until doubled in volume. In another bowl whisk the half-frozen coffee mixture until smooth. Whisk the evaporated milk into the coffee mixture.
- Return to the freezing container and freeze until just firm. Remove from the freezer, whisk the ice cream until smooth, whisk in the whipped cream and freeze again until firm.
- Accompany with cigarette russes or other sweet biscuits and, if you like, serve with a hot chocolate sauce.
- To make a very quick hot chocolate sauce, melt Mars bars in a basin over a saucepan of hot water, or in the microwave.
Calories: 326 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 160 mg
Sodium: 137 mg
Potassium: 379 mg
Sugar: 18 g
Vitamin A: 926 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 264 mg
Iron: 1 mg