Sweet Potato and Spinach Fish Pie
Comforting and rich, this fish pie is made with sweet potatoes, spinach, and salmon.
- 1 3/4 oz sunflower spread
- 6 spring onions peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 10 oz Scottish salmon fillet skinned and diced
- 7 oz smoked haddock skinned and diced
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 pint skimmed milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 1/2 oz spinach
- 10 1/2 oz sweet potato peeled and thinly sliced
- 7 oz potato peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the spread and cook the spring onions and garlic for 2 minutes until soft Mix in the salmon and haddock, then add to a baking dish, 2 Melt 25 g of the spread in a pan over a medium heat and stir in the cornflour. Add the milk and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Season well, then pour over the fish.
- Meanwhile, boil the spinach for 3 minutes. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and add to the fish mixture.
- Rinse the potato slices and pat dry with kitchen towel. Layer alternate slices over the fish, season and dot with the remaining sunflower spread.
- Bake for 45 minutes, basting often with its own juices. Serve immediately.
Calories: 392 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 36 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 78 mg
Sodium: 541 mg
Potassium: 1582 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 17911 IU
Vitamin C: 36 mg
Calcium: 236 mg
Iron: 5 mg