Apricot and Vanilla Tartlets
- 10 1/2 oz sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 x 1/2 oz sachet powdered gelatine
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 8 3/4 oz tub fresh custard or cup custard
- 1/2 x vanilla pod split
- 1 1/2 cups fresh apricots stoned (seeded) and halved
- scant 1/2 us cup water
- 2 oz caster sugar superfine granulated
- 1 tbsp French brandy
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry and cut with a 7.5 cm fluted cutter. Use to line a 12 hole tartlet tin, dock the bases with a fork and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the filling: Dissolve the gelatine in the water following the pack instructions. Place the custard in a saucepan along with the dissolved gelatine and seeds from the vanilla pod. Heat gently then allow to cool until it thickens, then spoon into the pastry tartlets. Place in the fridge while preparing the topping.
- For the topping: Place the apricot halves, water, sugar and brandy in a saucepan and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes or until the apricots are softened, then remove and finely slice them.
- To finish, arrange the apricot slices on top of the tartlets and glaze with the syrup. Return to the fridge and chill briefly before serving.
Calories: 132 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 139 mg
Potassium: 112 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 411 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 35 mg
Iron: 1 mg