Curried sweet potato and lentil soup
Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup is a warm, comforting soup full of nourishing ingredients. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, and can easily be made low carb!
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon medium curry powder
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 oz dried split red lentils
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Place the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, stock and lentils in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser in batches, and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to a clean saucepan and heat through.
- Season to taste, ladle the soup into four warmed bowls and garnish with fresh coriander
Calories: 167 kcal
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 775 mg
Potassium: 568 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 16499 IU
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Calcium: 56 mg
Iron: 2 mg