Dairy Free Spinach and Garlic Risotto
This dairy-free spinach and garlic risotto is easy to make, hearty, and nutritious.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 9 oz of arborio rice
- 1 lb of fresh or frozen and defrosted leaf spinach - do not use chopped spinach
- 10 floz of dry white vermouth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pint of Gluten free vegetable stock bouillon
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon of Dairy free margarine
- Heat the oil and gently cook the onion until soft, but not brown.
- Add the garlic. Cook for a moment, then stir in the rice and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix in the spinach leaves followed by the vermouth. Season and then pour in the stock (bouillon).
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 35 minutes, or until the rice is swollen and soft (top up with water if necessary).
- Stir in the lemon juice, nutmeg, oregano and margarine and serve very hot.
- This is delicious with grated pecorino (romano) cheese on top.
Calories: 320 kcal
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 547 mg
Potassium: 513 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 7397 IU
Vitamin C: 23 mg
Calcium: 107 mg
Iron: 3 mg