Stuffed Trout with Yogurt Sauce
- 2 lb boned trout (in boned weight)
- 8 oz ham
- 1 small green pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 1 slice bread made into crumbs
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 pint natural yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Have the fishmonger bone the trout, leaving the head and tail on the fish.
- Combine ham with the green pepper, onion, breadcrumbs and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the fish cavity with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the fish with the sausage mixture and place on lightly-oiled foil. Seal the ends to form a parcel and bake in a pre-heated 180°C (350°F)/Gas Mark 4 oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until the fish feels firm and the flesh looks opaque.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic powder, coriander and seasonings to taste.
- Remove the fish from the foil and transfer to a serving plate. Spoon some of the sauce over the fish and serve the rest separately.
Calories: 510 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 64 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 279 mg
Sodium: 894 mg
Potassium: 1369 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 406 IU
Vitamin C: 34 mg
Calcium: 116 mg
Iron: 2 mg