Breast of Turkey with Yogurt Sauce
- 2 1/4 lbs turkey breast on bone
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 yellow and 1 red pepper
- 7 oz leeks
- 18 oz cucumber
- Bunch chervil
- 4 floz hot chicken stock
- 9 oz thick set yogurt
- Wash and dry turkey breast.
- Peel and chop garlic, mix with salt and pepper, then crush and combine with 1 tbsp oil.
- Coat meat with this mixture before covering and putting in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
- Discard stalk and seeds of peppers, wash and chop. Trim both ends of leeks, wash thoroughly and cut into 1 cm (1/3 in) pieces.
- Peel, core and slice cucumber. Wash, dry and finely chop chervil.
- Heat remaining oil. Place turkey breast in roasting pan, pour hot oil over it and roast in centre of oven for 30 minutes.
- Arrange chopped peppers and leek around meat, pour on hot stock and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Finally add cucumber and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove meat and vegetables from pan, put on warm serving dish and return to oven after it has been switched off to keep warm.
- Deglaze roasting pan with yogurt, pour into sauce boat and sprinkle with chervil.
Calories: 703 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 61 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 175 mg
Sodium: 528 mg
Potassium: 1233 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 2864 IU
Vitamin C: 87 mg
Calcium: 168 mg
Iron: 5 mg