Trout with Almonds (Truites Aux Amandes)
The trout is moist and tasty, with a crispy skin. The almonds are hearty and flavorful.
- 6 Medium trout cleaned and with the eyes removed
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs Lemon juice
- 6 floz Milk
- 3 oz Seasoned flour flour with salt and pepper to taste
- 10 Tbs Butter
- 4 oz Slivered almonds
- 6 Lemon quarters
- Gently rub the fish with the seasoning and half the lemon juice.
- Dip the fish first in the milk, then in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Melt 75 g (3 oz) (6 tablespoons) of the butter in a large frying-pan. Add the trout and fry for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the flesh flakes easily. Transfer the fish to a warmed serving dish. Keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter in the pan. Stir in the almonds and remaining lemon juice and fry until the almonds are golden brown.
- Pour the mixture over the trout and garnish with the lemon quarters. Serve at once.
Calories: 504 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 31 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 173 mg
Sodium: 918 mg
Potassium: 751 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 773 IU
Vitamin C: 31 mg
Calcium: 128 mg
Iron: 6 mg