Chicken Liver in Yogurt Sauce
- 1 bunch each parsley basil and chives
- 1/2 pint thick set yogurt
- 4 tbsp single/light) cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch each salt white pepper and sugar
- 18 oz chicken livers
- 2 small onions
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour All purpose
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Pinch salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry herbs and chop finely.
- Mix yogurt with cream, lemon juice and herbs.
- Peel and chop garlic, sprinkle with salt and crush before adding to yogurt mixture. Season to taste with pepper and sugar. Set aside.
- Remove any fat or skin from chicken livers, wash and dry.
- Peel onions and cut into thin rings.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan, brown onion rings for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Roll liver in flour and fry in small amounts for about 2 minutes until brown. Sprinkle with dried herbs.
- Finally, add fried onions to liver, continue to fry for 1 minute longer, season to taste with salt and pepper before serving with yogurt sauce.
Calories: 238 kcal
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 310 mg
Sodium: 84 mg
Potassium: 330 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 9568 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 74 mg
Iron: 8 mg