Steamed Spiced Exotic Fruits
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and halved
- 4 rambutan or lychees peeled, halved and stoned
- 2 passion fruit the flesh scooped out
- 8 Cape gooseberries physalis, papery leaves removed and fruit halved
- 3 oz peeled weight mango, cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) cubes
- 1 sharon fruit cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) slices
- 3 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 vanilla pods split in half lengthways
- 2 cinnamon sticks broken in half
- 4 star anise
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 . Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut four 40 x 40-cm (16 x 16-inch) squares of baking paper and four foil squares of the same size. Put each baking paper square on top of a foil square and fold diagonally in half to form a triangle. Open up.
- Divide the fruits into 4 and arrange each portion in the centre of each opened square -remember that you will be serving the fruit in the envelopes, so arrange the fruit neatly.
- Add a vanilla pod half, a cinnamon stick half, a star anise, a bay leaf and 1tbsp orange juice to each triangle.
- Close each triangle over the mixture, fold in the corners and crumple the edges together to form airtight triangular bags.
- Transfer the bags to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until they puff up with steam.
- To serve, put each bag on a serving plate and snip open at the table so that you can enjoy all the wonderful aromas as they are opened.
Calories: 192 kcal
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 15 mg
Potassium: 540 mg
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 17 g
Vitamin A: 650 IU
Vitamin C: 99 mg
Calcium: 69 mg
Iron: 3 mg