Spiced Fig Tart
A great recipe for a fig tart, excellent hot or cold served with whipped cream.
- 6 oz shortcrust pastry
- 8 oz dried figs
- 1 oz raisins
- 2 oz ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Enough white wine to cover the figs and a pinch each of powdered cloves, mace, ginger and cinnamon.
- A few slices of almonds to garnish.
- Line a shallow pie plate with the pastry.
- Wash the figs and put them in a pan to stew with enough white wine to cover them.
- Add the spices and the sugar.
- When the figs are soft, puree them with the liquid. Add the ground almonds and raisins.
- Spread the mixture on to the pastry and top with a few slivers of blanched almonds.
- Bake at 200°C, 400°F, mark 6 for 30-35 minutes.
Calories: 1570 kcal
Carbohydrates: 293 g
Protein: 32 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 852 mg
Potassium: 1902 mg
Fiber: 33 g
Sugar: 135 g
Vitamin A: 23 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 513 mg
Iron: 13 mg