Sole with Dill Sauce (Microwave)
- 1 lemon
- 2 oz cooked rice
- 2 oz green pepper chopped
- 2 oz red pepper chopped
- 2 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 oz sweetcorn
- 5 tablespoons fresh single cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fillets of sole skinned, each weighing about 4 oz
- 7 floz fresh milk
- 1 1/2 oz butter
- 1 1/2 oz flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill finely chopped
- Grate rind from lemon. Peel the lemon, remove pith and dice flesh.
- Mix together lemon rind and flesh, rice, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn and cream together in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Place a quarter of the stuffing mixture in the centre of each sole fillet and carefully roll up from one end. Place in a dish, cover and cook on HIGH for 10 - 12 minutes until fish is cooked.
- Drain off excess liquid and make up to 300ml (1/2 pint) with the milk.
- Place the butter in a bowl and melt on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add the flour, then stir in the milk. Cook on HIGH for 3 - 4 minutes stirring after every minute. Season to taste and add the dill.
- Pour over the fish and garnish with sprigs of dill and wedges of lemon and lime.
- Timings are for a 600 watt microwave oven.
Calories: 588 kcal
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 78 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 303 mg
Sodium: 1848 mg
Potassium: 1142 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 920 IU
Vitamin C: 30 mg
Calcium: 184 mg
Iron: 2 mg