Grilled Herrings with Mustard Dill and Yoghurt Sauce
- 4 medium to large herrings gutted
- A little sunflower oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon quartered, to garnish
- Mustard Dill and Yoghurt Sauce to serve
- If the herrings have roes, keep these for another dish. Wash the fish under running cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the grill and lightly oil the grill rack. If the fish are large and plump, make two diagonal slashes on both sides of the body of each fish to allow the heat to penetrate.
- Brush the herrings with a little oil and place them under the hot grill.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the skin is crisp and the flesh cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with black pepper and garnished with lemon quarters, and hand the Mustard and Dill Sauce separately.
Calories: 403 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 45 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 150 mg
Sodium: 226 mg
Potassium: 855 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 238 IU
Vitamin C: 16 mg
Calcium: 150 mg
Iron: 3 mg