- 2 lb potatoes peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups self raising self rising flour
- Preheat a griddle or strong frying pan till fairly hot.
- Cut up the potatoes and cook until tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and dry off slightly. Pass potatoes through a ricer or sieve, then add the salt and butter. Cool until just warm.
- Stir in 175 g (6 oz) of the flour, then enough of the remaining 50 g (2 oz) to make a stiff dough.
- Divide into four portions, then each portion into 4 equal pieces.
- On a lightly floured board roll out 1 piece of dough at a time to a paper-thin circle.
- Bake each dough circle on the pre-heated griddle for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until browned in spots.
- The resulting bread will look dry but will be flexible, not crisp.
- Fold in half, then in half again and stack on waxed paper as they are baked.
- To serve, unfold and spread with butter.
Calories: 113 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Sodium: 162 mg
Potassium: 255 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 45 IU
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 10 mg
Iron: 1 mg