Potato parcels are a delicious, nutritious meal for your family. Get perfect potato parcels every time with this simple recipe.
- 1 lb small new potatoes scrubbed and sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced very thinly
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- low fat cooking spray
- 4 floz vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 (190°C) fan oven 170°C.
- Lay four sheets of non stick baking parchment, about 30 cm (12 inches) square, on a flat work surface.
- Divide the potato and onion slices between the parchment sheets.Top each potato and onion pile with a little garlic, a sprig of thyme and seasoning. Spray each mound with a little low fat cooking spray.
- Gather together the edges of each paper sheet, to enclose the potatoes, but do not seal them up yet. Pour a little stock into each parcel and then fold the paper over a few times to completely enclose the mixture.
- Place the parcels on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Calories: 102 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 126 mg
Potassium: 527 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 113 IU
Vitamin C: 26 mg
Calcium: 25 mg
Iron: 1 mg