Chicken with potato straws (Sali Ma Murg)
- 2.2 lb Chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin jeera seeds
- 4 - 5 Curry leaves kadhi patta
- 2 Onions large, chopped
grind to a paste:
- 6 Garlic lasan cloves
- 1 1/2 inch piece Ginger adrak
- 1 1 inch stick Cinnamon dalchini,
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 Green chillies
- 1.1 lb Potato straws sali, available in convenience store
- Heat the oil in a wok (kadhai); add the cumin seeds and curry leaves. When they start spluttering, add the onions and saute until golden.
- Add the ground paste and saute for a minute.
- Now, add the chicken and salt; keep stirring until the mixture is completely dry.
- Add 3 cups water and bring the mixture to the boil. Then simmer, stirring occasionally, until the gravy turns thick and the chicken is tender.
- Transfer the chicken into a dish and sprinkle the sali over it.
Calories: 309 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 163 mg
Potassium: 582 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 174 IU
Vitamin C: 55 mg
Calcium: 44 mg
Iron: 2 mg