Courgette and potato soup
This is a delicious and simple soup. It is very easy to make and great for a light meal or starter.
- low fat cooking spray
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 5 1/2 oz potatoes peeled and diced
- 8 oz courgettes grated coarsely
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 20 floz vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray.
- Place the pan on the heat, and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onion has softened, but not browned.
- Add the potatoes, courgettes and ground coriander, and cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and soy sauce, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the potatoes have broken down.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and ladle into two warmed soup bowls.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander and serve.
Calories: 132 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 2205 mg
Potassium: 762 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 873 IU
Vitamin C: 40 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Iron: 2 mg