Guinea Fowl Soup with Vegetables
- 1 guinea fowl weighing 1 3/4 lbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 pt water
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 18 oz courgette zucchinis
- 1 bunch Watercress salad cress
- Wash guinea fowl thoroughly, inside and out, put in pot with salt and water and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, peel onion and use the clove to spike the bay leaf into it.
- During the first 30 minutes of cooking time, skim off any scum that forms.
- At the end of this time, add onion and simmer for 20 minutes until reduced by half.
- Rinse, dry and cube courgettes (zucchini).
- Rinse and dry watercress thoroughly and remove any thick stalks.
- Add chopped courgettes(zucchini) to the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Lift guinea fowl and onions from stock. Allow liquid to simmer, covered, while preparing meat.
- Take meat from bones, cut into pieces and return to soup.
- Serve sprinkled with watercress.
Calories: 346 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 48 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 147 mg
Sodium: 744 mg
Potassium: 758 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 448 IU
Vitamin C: 28 mg
Calcium: 60 mg
Iron: 2 mg