Moroccan couscous salad
This Moroccan couscous salad is a colorful, tangy, and sweet dish that will brighten up your dinner table.
- 9 1/2 oz couscous
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- 10 floz boiling vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 oz ready to eat dried apricots
- 8 oz cucumber chopped finely
- 6 oz tomatoes de-seeded and chopped finely
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the couscous in a bowl with the cinnamon.
- Pour over the boiling stock, mix well and cover the bowl with clingfilm. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Using scissors, snip the apricots into small pieces.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork - by this time all the grains should be plump and separate from each other
- Add the apricots, cucumber tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint and seasoning.
- Cover the salad and chill until required.
Calories: 282 kcal
Carbohydrates: 58 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 307 mg
Potassium: 351 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 951 IU
Vitamin C: 13 mg
Calcium: 40 mg
Iron: 1 mg