- 10 oz condensed celery soup
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- margarine for greasing
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas 4. Grease a 2 L/3V2 pint souffle or ovenproof dish.
- Pour the celery soup into a saucepan and warm through gently. Stir in the celery.
- Remove the soup from the heat
- and stir in the egg yolks and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk the egg whites until they are standing in stiff peaks.
- Using a metal spoon, fold a spoonful of the egg whites into celery mixture and then fold in
- the remainder of the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Carefully slide the oven shelf out a little way, sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the souffle and return it to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Serve at once.
Calories: 116 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 155 mg
Sodium: 444 mg
Potassium: 142 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 419 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 57 mg
Iron: 1 mg