Fresh Pear Salad
This recipe for Fresh Pear Salad is perfect for the holidays because it's quick and easy to put together, yet it's delicious and fancy enough to serve at a dinner party.
- 2 ripe dessert pears
- 1 Webb's Wonderful oak-leaf or lotto rosso lettuce
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tender stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese optional
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fruit vinegar
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and cut them into thin strips. Trim the base of the spring onion and finely chop the bulb and about 3in (80mm) of the green stalk. Trim and chop the celery into thin slices.
- Lightly toast the walnuts or pecans in a dry pan for 2 minutes, without burning, and put to one side.
- Peel and crush the garlic and mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Peel and slice the pears and cover with dressing to prevent discolouring.
- Combine all the ingredients together with the dressing, crumble in the optional blue cheese, toss well and serve immediately.
Calories: 184 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 80 mg
Potassium: 400 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 850 IU
Vitamin C: 9 mg
Calcium: 71 mg
Iron: 1 mg