Nutty orange salad
Light and refreshing, Nutty orange salad combines chicory, orange and walnuts together in a vinaigrette dressing. It is a good salad to serve with roast pork or game.
- 4 heads of chicory leaves separated and washed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large oranges peel, pith and pips removed and sliced into rings
- 2 oz walnuts chopped
- 1/4 pint Vinaigrette dressing
- Put the chicory in a salad bowl and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the orange rings and walnuts and mix well together.
- Pour in the prepared dressing and toss well before serving.
Calories: 333 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 100 mg
Potassium: 1596 mg
Fiber: 16 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 9902 IU
Vitamin C: 64 mg
Calcium: 274 mg
Iron: 4 mg