Hungarian Bread With Mustard And Paprika
The Hungarian bread with mustard and paprika recipe is a delicious starter dish.
- 10 floz water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 16 oz soft grain strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar superfine granulated
- 3 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried skimmed milk powder or granules
- 5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp instant or fast-acting dried yeast
- glaze to taste
- Pour the water into the breadmaker bucket, then add the oil and half the flour.
- Sprinkle with the salt, sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper and dried milk. Add the mustard.
- Cover with the remaining flour and mound the yeast into the centre.
- Fit the bucket into the breadmaker and set to the programme recommended in the manual (usually basic white or No 1).
- When ready, carefully shake the loaf out of the bucket on to a wire cooling rack and stand the right way up.
- If liked, brush with the selected glaze.
- Leave the loaf for at least an hour before cutting and/or removing the paddle if necessary.
Calories: 1988 kcal
Carbohydrates: 346 g
Protein: 61 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 5003 mg
Potassium: 738 mg
Fiber: 14 g
Sugar: 14 g
Vitamin A: 1146 IU
Vitamin C: 24 mg
Calcium: 193 mg
Iron: 5 mg