Rustic Roasted Ratatouille and Potato Wedges with Smoked Paprika and Fromage Frais
Rustic Roasted Ratatouille and Potato Wedges with Smoked Paprika is a tasty, healthy dish perfect for the cooler months.
- 10 1/2 oz potatoes in their skins scrubbed
- 7 oz aubergine cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) wedges
- 4 1/2 oz peeled weight, red onion cut into 5 mm (1/4 inch) rings
- 7 oz deseeded mixed peppers sliced into 1 cm (1/2 inch) strips
- 6 oz courgettes cut in half lengthways, then into 1 cm (1/2 inch) slices
- 4 1/2 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 1/4 oz 0% fat fromage frais
- 1 tsp runny honey
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
for the marinade
- 1 tsp rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Bake the potatoes in their skins in the oven for 30 minutes, remove and cut into wedges - the flesh should not be completely cooked.
- To make the marinade, put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend together with a handheld electric blender until smooth, or use a food processor.
- Put the potato wedges into a large bowl with the aubergine, onion, peppers and courgettes, pour over the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Arrange the vegetables on a non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven, turning occasionally, for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and tender. Add the tomatoes for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time just to split the skins and warm slightly.
- Mix the fromage frais, honey and paprika together in a bowl.
- Serve the vegetables with a little of the fromage frais mixture, and sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Calories: 415 kcal
Carbohydrates: 76 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 18 mg
Sodium: 299 mg
Potassium: 1601 mg
Fiber: 13 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 36864 IU
Vitamin C: 81 mg
Calcium: 232 mg
Iron: 3 mg