This easy to prepare dressing is made with almond oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, ground almonds, potatoes and chopped fresh mint.
- 4 new potatoes about 4 oz, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 teaspoons ground almonds
- 4 1/2 floz almond oil
- juice of 1 orange
- 6 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 6 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- Mash potatoes in a bowl, then add garlic, almonds and oil, beating well with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Alternatively, use a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until quite smooth.
- Stir in orange juice, vinegar and mint until evenly blended. If dressing is too thick, thin with cold water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until required.
- Serve with fried aubergine (eggplant) slices or with globe artichokes.
- This dressing can also be served as a dip with a selection of raw vegetables.
Calories: 376 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 4 mg
Potassium: 276 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 38 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 22 mg
Iron: 1 mg