Greek Style Lamb with Cherry Tomatoes, Courgette and Apricot
This dish is a modern take on the traditional Greek dish, where lamb is usually served with potatoes.
- 11 oz lamb neck fillet diced
- 8 1/2 floz low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp spoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon chopped into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 courgette zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 4 oz dried apricots chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp blanched almonds chopped and toasted
- 7 oz brown or basmati rice cooked as per pack instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) gas mark 6.
- Marinate the lamb with the yogurt, 4 tbsp of oil and seasoning. Stir in the lemon, squeezing in the juice. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the lemon pieces.
- Bake the lamb for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss all the vegetables in the remaining oil, place in a roasting tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- To serve, toss the apricots and almonds into the hot rice. Spoon the lamb and vegetables over the rice and serve.
Calories: 522 kcal
Carbohydrates: 70 g
Protein: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 116 mg
Potassium: 1203 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 25 g
Vitamin A: 1491 IU
Vitamin C: 41 mg
Calcium: 194 mg
Iron: 4 mg