Warm Scallops and Fennel with Tomato Dill Dressing
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 4 bulbs of fennel trimmed and quartered
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing and serving
- 1/2 red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of DF margarine
- 4 tablespoons of white wine
- 16 oz fresh or frozen defrosted scallops (without coral)
- 4 tablespoons of tomato passata
- 1/2 oz fresh dill chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallop shells cleaned
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- Brush the fennel with oil and bake in the oven until browned and the edges have softened, about 45 minutes.
- Cook the onion in the oil and margarine until soft.
- Add the wine, cook for another minute and then add the scallops. Cook for a further minute, turning once.
- Add the tomato passata, dill, salt and pepper, and continue to cook for 1 more minute.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells and serve in the centre of large warm plates surrounded by the fennel quarters.
- Drizzle with any remaining sauce and a little extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with black pepper.
Calories: 210 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 27 mg
Sodium: 574 mg
Potassium: 1328 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 672 IU
Vitamin C: 34 mg
Calcium: 136 mg
Iron: 3 mg