Letria (Indian Coconut and bread sweet)
- 7 oz Granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 2 Egg yolks optional
- 7 oz Coconut nariyal, white part only, grated
- 1 cup Fresh bread cubes crust removed
- 1 tbsp Raisins kishmish, washed
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts kaju / almonds (badaam), blanched, chopped
- 1 tsp Butter / Ghee
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in a pan on moderate heat.
- If using egg, beat the egg yolks well. Pour into an icing bag with a very fine nozzle. Drizzle the egg yolk into the hot sugar syrup in a lacy pattern. When set, lift out with a slotted spoon and leave to cool.
- Add the coconut and bread to the remaining sugar syrup and cook till it comes together and the moisture is absorbed (approximately 5-7 minutes). Do not let the mixture get too dry.
- Add the dried fruits and butter / ghee; mix well.
- Pour on to a greased plate and leave to set. Gently arrange the cooked egg yolk on top, if desired.
Calories: 312 kcal
Carbohydrates: 45 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
Sodium: 66 mg
Potassium: 174 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 36 g
Vitamin A: 108 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 27 mg
Iron: 1 mg