Easy Steak and Onion
- 1 1/2 lb chuck steak in one piece about 1 in. [2.5cm] thick
- easy steak and onion soup mix
- 1 oz butter
- accompaniments you may need these
- Thin Gravy
- Heat the oven to 300°F (150°C) gas mark 2.
- Put a large piece of foil on a baking sheet or heatproof dish and sprinkle half of the soup mix onto it.
- Place the steak on top, and sprinkle over the remaining soup mix.
- Dot with small pieces of butter and loosely seal the foil.
- Cook undisturbed in the oven for about 3 hours.
- Serve either straight from the foil or lift it out onto a serving dish.
- Spoon any juices in the foil over the meat.
- Accompaniments: Serve with a rich onion gravy or sauce or, if preferred, a thin gravy. Jacket potatoes and braised celery or carrots cooked beside the beef in the oven will make this a complete oven meal.
Calories: 357 kcal
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 33 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 133 mg
Sodium: 188 mg
Potassium: 566 mg
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 199 IU
Calcium: 31 mg
Iron: 4 mg