Steak in Red Wine
- 4 pieces of rump steak each weighing about 6 oz
- Black pepper
- 1/4 pint inexpensive red wine
- 1 1/3 cup small button mushrooms sliced
- 2 oz butter
- An hour before cooking, oil the steaks and season well with freshly ground pepper.
- Heat a thick frying pan and fry the steaks, without adding any extra fat, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes, turning once.
- Lift out the steaks and place on a warm serving dish.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook quickly for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and mix well so that it melts and blends with the wine.
- Taste and add the salt and a little more freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the steaks and serve immediately.
Calories: 363 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 134 mg
Sodium: 201 mg
Potassium: 724 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 355 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Iron: 3 mg