Fillet Steak Royale
- 4 fillet steaks about 6 oz each
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 7 floz white wine
- 5 floz double cream
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper
- tarragon sprigs to garnish (optional)
- Flatten steaks with your fist or with a meat mallet.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry steaks, turning regularly, according to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in another frying pan and saute onion for 3 mins.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further 2 mins. Add wine and simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in cream, mustard, tarragon, garlic and seasoning and heat gently to warm through.
- Serve steaks on a bed of mushroom sauce, garnished with tarragon sprigs, if liked.
- Follow this guide for perfectly cooked steaks:
- Rare: 4 mins Medium: 6 mins Well done: 8 mins
Calories: 796 kcal
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 49 g
Saturated Fat: 25 g
Cholesterol: 188 mg
Sodium: 140 mg
Potassium: 954 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 725 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 93 mg
Iron: 6 mg