Chickpea and Spinach Curry with Garlic Naan
This vegetarian chickpea and spinach curry with garlic naan recipe is perfect for a healthy vegan dinner.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushes
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 14 oz can unsalted chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 10 1/2 oz bag spinach blanched and well drained
- 1 oz sunflower spread
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Naan bread
- 5 1/2 oz 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Add the oil to a pan and cook the onion and 2 cloves of the garlic over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes, until soft. Increase
- the heat and stir in the chilli, cumin, turmeric and pumpkin seeds. When it gives off an aromatic aroma, add the chickpeas and drained spinach.
- Add 200 ml water to the pan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the sunflower spread over a gentle heat and cook the remaining garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in coriander and brush over Naan bread. Season, wrap in baking foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the curry from the heat, stir in the yogurt and serve with the warm garlic Naan bread.
Calories: 523 kcal
Carbohydrates: 68 g
Protein: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Sodium: 515 mg
Potassium: 906 mg
Fiber: 11 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 7173 IU
Vitamin C: 25 mg
Calcium: 234 mg
Iron: 7 mg