Carrot And Onion Salad With Lime And Ginger Dressing
- 1 1/4 lb carrots
- 1 medium-sized mild red onion
- 1/2 green chilli pepper seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small piece fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- Peel the carrots and grate coarsely. Peel the onion and cut into thin strips. Mix the carrot and onion with the chopped chilli pepper in a large bowl.
- Dissolve a large pinch of salt in the lime juice in a small bowl, then gradually beat in the oil adding a little at a time to form an emulsion like a vinaigrette.
- Stir in the grated ginger. Pour over the carrot and onion mixture, mix briefly and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
Calories: 198 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 118 mg
Potassium: 510 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 23685 IU
Vitamin C: 13 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Iron: 1 mg