Avocado and Citrus Starter
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large grapefruit peeled and segmented
- 2 large tangerines peeled and segmented
- 1 large avocado peeled, stoned (seeded) and thinly sliced
- 2 oz strawberries hulled and thinly sliced
- lime twists to garnish
- To make the dressing, put the lime rind and juice, honey, mustard and seasoning in a bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Arrange the grapefruit, tangerines, avocado and strawberries on 4 plates.
- Spoon over the dressing, garnish with lime twists and serve immediately.
- It is important to remove all thewhite pith from the grapefruit andthe tangerine as it is very bitter.
Calories: 239 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 12 mg
Potassium: 444 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 1120 IU
Vitamin C: 50 mg
Calcium: 45 mg
Iron: 1 mg