Leek and Gruyere Tart
- 9 oz pack chilled shortcrust pastry
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks thinly sliced
- 4 1/3 oz button mushrooms quartered
- 2 large size eggs
- 4 tbsp single cream or milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 oz Gruyere cheese shaved
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 23 cm fluted flan tin.
- Place a circle of greaseproof paper inside and fill with ceramic baking beans.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the leeks and mushrooms. Cook gently for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened.
- Cool slightly then arrange in the pastry case.
- Beat the eggs and cream or milk together and add seasoning.
- Pour carefully into the pastry case, sprinkle over the cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the filling has set.
- Serve hot or cold with a dressed mixed green salad and buttered new potatoes.
Calories: 302 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 94 mg
Sodium: 293 mg
Potassium: 194 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 950 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 206 mg
Iron: 2 mg