Wheat Free Children's Cup Cakes
A recipe for wheat-free cup cakes that are made with gluten-free flour and sweetened with glace cherries or angelica slices or silver balls.
- 4 1/2 oz Dairy free margarine softened
- 4 1/2 oz caster superfine sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 4 1/2 oz WF flour
- 1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract
- 2 heaped teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
- A choice of food colourings according to taste
- 7 oz icing confectioners sugar
- 12 glace cherries or angelica slices or silver balls check they are all suitable
- 12 hole non-stick bun tray, lined with paper cases
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- Beat the margarine and the sugar together until light and fluffy in the food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the eggs and flour half at a time.
- Gently fold in the vanilla and baking powder.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and cook for 12 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the cup cakes on a wire rack.
- Now make the icing. You can make several different coloured icings by mixing a few drops of pink, yellow or green food colouring to suit your decoration.
- For example, pink icing with the cherries and yellow icing with angelica or green icing with silver balls.
- Stir the icing (confectioners') sugar with the chosen colour and a little water in a small bowl until the icing is thick and smooth.
- Do not make it runny or the icing will drip off the cakes.
- Spread the icing on each cake and decorate.
- Leave the icing to set before devouring the cakes.
- Store any that are left in an airtight container.
Calories: 298 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 191 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Potassium: 92 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 23 g
Vitamin A: 683 IU
Calcium: 41 mg
Iron: 1 mg