Candle Cup Cakes
Candle cup cakes are an A inexpensive and pretty idea for a children's party, when there is no time to decorate a large cake.
- 4 oz plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 oz margarine
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange squash undiluted
- 4 oz icing sugar
- pink food colouring
- 12 tiny birthday candles in holders
- Preheat oven to moderately hot, 190°C (375°F) or gas 5.
- Line 12 bun tins with paper cases.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Cream the margarine with the caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg to creamed mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in the orange squash.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spoon mixture into cake cases.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool in their paper cases.
- Mix icing sugar with enough cold water to make an icing which will thickly coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Colour the icing a delicate pink, dropping colour from top of skewer or knitting needle.
- Spoon icing on to cakes.
- While the icing is still wet, add a tiny candle in its holder to centre of each cake. Leave to set.
Calories: 156 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Sodium: 111 mg
Potassium: 23 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 16 g
Vitamin A: 404 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 26 mg
Iron: 1 mg