Lamb, Fennel and Artichoke Hotchpotch
Warm up on a cold winters day with this delicious and hearty Lamb, Fennel and Artichoke Hotchpotch recipe.
- 1 lb lean minced lamb
- 2 fennel bulbs each weighing 8 oz
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14 oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 14 oz tin artichoke hearts
- Chopped parsley and fennel fronds for garnish
- Peel the outside of each fennel bulb to remove any coarse strings. Trim root and stalk ends, then cut each bulb in 8 wedges. Retain any fluffy green fronds for garnish. Cook the fennel wedges in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and put to one side.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion with the garlic and ground coriander over a medium heat for 8 minutes, until the onion is transparent.
- Add the lamb and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the meat is well browned on all sides.
- Add the seasoning, chopped tomatoes, rosemary and fennel, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain and halve the artichokes and stir into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, garnish and serve.
Calories: 427 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Trans Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 83 mg
Sodium: 647 mg
Potassium: 835 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 373 IU
Vitamin C: 26 mg
Calcium: 118 mg
Iron: 4 mg