Beef Strips with Almonds and Sherry Vinegar
This recipe is a nice way to add more flavor and texture to a traditional steak. You can make it with any cut of beef, including the eye round, which is often less expensive.
- 1 lb rump steak
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 oz blanched almonds
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Cut the steak into 2 in (50 mm) by 1/4 in (5 mm) strips and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the almonds for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Remove from the pan with a draining spoon and place in a ceramic bowl.
- Trim and slice the onions, add them to the pan with 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, until the onions turn golden. Remove from the pan using a draining spoon and mix with the almonds.
- Increase the heat and add the remaining oil. Quickly fry the steak until it is lightly browned on all sides. Pour over the remaining sherry vinegar and then add the almonds and onions to the pan.
- Heat together for 2 - 3 minutes, adjust the seasoning, and serve as quickly as possible.
Calories: 333 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 69 mg
Sodium: 69 mg
Potassium: 500 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 61 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 70 mg
Iron: 2 mg