Thai green pumpkin curry
This is a recipe for a Thai green pumpkin curry that's vegetarian and vegan friendly. It's a quick and easy curry that can be made with any type of pumpkin, including butternut squash.
- 20 floz vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 oz creamed coconut crumbled
- 6 shallots halved
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1 lb pumpkin or butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 5 1/2 oz fine green beans sliced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the curry paste and creamed coconut. Bring to the boil, stirring, until the coconut dissolves.
- Boil the sauce rapidly for 5 minutes, and then add the shallots, garlic, pumpkin or butternut squash and green beans. Cook over a medium heat, so it keeps bubbling, for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin or squash is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the coriander just before serving.
Calories: 167 kcal
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 612 mg
Potassium: 777 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 14118 IU
Vitamin C: 46 mg
Calcium: 104 mg
Iron: 2 mg