Pineapple Curry with Prawns and Mussels
This delicious recipe for pineapple curry is perfect for a spicy dinner. The prawns and mussels add protein to the dish and lots of flavour. A great dish to share with friends and family!
- 1 pint coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz king prawns shelled and deveined
- 1 lb mussels cleaned and beards removed
- 6 oz fresh pineapple finely crushed or chopped
- 5 kaffir lime leaves torn
- 2 red chillies chopped, to garnish
- coriander leaves to garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring half the coconut milk to the boil and heat, stirring, until it separates.
- Add the red curry paste and cook until fragrant. Add the fish sauce and sugar and continue to cook for a few moments.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut milk and bring back to the boil. Add the king prawns, mussels, pineapple and kaffir lime leaves.
- Reheat until boiling and then simmer for 3?5 minutes, until the prawns are cooked and the mussels have opened. Remove any mussels that have not opened and discard. Serve garnished with chopped red chillies and coriander leaves.
Calories: 385 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Protein: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 23 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 107 mg
Sodium: 957 mg
Potassium: 740 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 1514 IU
Vitamin C: 59 mg
Calcium: 96 mg
Iron: 7 mg