Curry Fried Noodles
This easy curry fried noodles recipe is spicy, filling, and fast. The perfect dish for a quick weekday dinner!
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 8 oz smoked bean curd cut into 1 in cubes
- 8 oz green beans cut into 1 in lengths
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into fine strips
- 12 oz rice vermicelli soaked in warm water until soft
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 spring onions finely sliced,
- 2 red chillies seeded and chopped,
- 1 lime cut into wedges, to garnis
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for a few minutes, then add the bean curd and continue to fry until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon remove the cubes from the pan and set aside until required.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok or pan. When hot, add the green beans and red pepper. Stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked. You may need to moisten them with a little water.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the wok or frying pan. Continue to stir-fry until the noodles are heated through, then return the curried bean curd to the wok. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the spring onions and chillies and serve the lime wedges on the side.
Calories: 536 kcal
Carbohydrates: 83 g
Protein: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 417 mg
Potassium: 324 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 3377 IU
Vitamin C: 84 mg
Calcium: 139 mg
Iron: 3 mg