Thai Beef Curry
Thai Beef Curry is a hearty and comforting dish that will brighten up a cold winter day. It's a great dish for company, too!
- 10 floz 88% fat free coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 stalk of lemongrass sliced thinly
- 4 dried or fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 lb lean rump steak trimmed of any fat and sliced thinly
- 8 oz shallots
- 5 1/2 oz carrots sliced thinly
- 6 oz sugar snap peas
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Place the coconut milk in a large saucepan with 300 ml (10 fl oz) of water Add the curry paste, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice and fish sauce, and bring to the boil. Boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Add the steak and shallots to the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the carrots and sugar snap peas and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and chopped coriander and heat them through for 2 minutes. Serve the curry ladled into warmed bowls.
tip: Adding the meat to the boiling liquid is the traditional way curries are cooked in Thailand. You don't need to use any oil to fry and seal the meat, and with this method it becomes beautifully tender.
Calories: 396 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 30 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Cholesterol: 69 mg
Sodium: 470 mg
Potassium: 1101 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 8458 IU
Vitamin C: 48 mg
Calcium: 117 mg
Iron: 7 mg