Thai Vegetable Curry
Thai Vegetable Curry is an excellent dish for vegetarians. It's also mild enough for children. This recipe is healthy and easy to make.
- low fat cooking spray
- 4 shallots or 1 small onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 small butternut squash peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette sliced
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and sliced thickly
- 1 3/4 oz fine green beans halved
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 300 ml (10 fl oz) boiling water
- 5 floz 88 % fat free coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ready prepared 'fresh' lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon ready prepared 'fresh' root ginger
- 2 teaspoons Thai red or green curry paste according to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- coriander sprigs to garnish
- Lightly spray a wok or large frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the shallots or onion and garlic and saute them for 2 - 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the butternut squash, courgette, pepper, beans, vegetable stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger and curry paste. Simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has reduced by about one third.
- Add the coriander and season to taste. Serve the curry garnished with coriander sprigs.
Calories: 327 kcal
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Sodium: 375 mg
Potassium: 1434 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 23358 IU
Vitamin C: 142 mg
Calcium: 164 mg
Iron: 5 mg