Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry With Brown Basmati Rice
For a Thai curry dish that's bursting with flavor and color, try this Vegetable Curry With Brown Basmati Rice recipe.
- 1 3/4 oz deseeded yellow pepper cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 3/4 oz celery cut into 1/4 inch lengths
- 1 3/4 oz baby corn cobs cut into 1/4 inch lengths
- 3 oz leek cut into 1/4 inch lengths
- 3 1/2 oz peeled weight, sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 pint pineapple juice
- 7 floz water
- 3/4 oz pak choi shredded
- 1 3/4 oz courgette cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 3/4 oz mangetout thinly sliced into strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cornflour blended with a little cold water
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 5 1/2 oz cooked brown basmati rice
for the spice mix
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemon grass
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- To make the spice mix, pound all the spices to a fine paste using a pestle in a mortar.
- Put the pepper, celery, baby corn cobs, leek, sweet potato, pineapple juice, water and the spice mix into a large, lidded saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and skim the scum from the surface with a metal spoon. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pak choi, courgette and mangetout and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, then gradually add the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened to the required consistency.
- Remove the curry from the heat and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the yoghurt. (Do not boil once the yoghurt has been added or the curry will separate.)
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve the curry with the rice, garnished with a little extra fresh coriander.
Calories: 268 kcal
Carbohydrates: 59 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 62 mg
Potassium: 476 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 4430 IU
Vitamin C: 49 mg
Calcium: 104 mg
Iron: 2 mg