Semolina Tempered with Mustard Seeds
- 7 oz Semolina suji
- 1 3/4 floz Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds rai
- 1 Dry red chilli sookhi lal mirch
- 1 1/2 tsp Black gram urad dal
- 1 oz Onions finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies chopped into rounds
- 1 tsp Ginger adrak, finely chopped
- a few Curry leaves kadhi patta
- 32 floz Water
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan; roast the semolina on low heat for some time (it should not change colour).
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan; add mustard seeds, dry red chilli, black gram, onions, green chillies, ginger, and curry leaves; saute for a while.
- Pour in the water; add salt and bring the mixture to the boil. Now add the roasted semolina.
- Lower heat and keep stirring continuously so that the mixture is lump-free. Cook till all the water has been absorbed and the mixture is absolutely dry. Serve hot.
Calories: 251 kcal
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 71 mg
Potassium: 115 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 86 IU
Vitamin C: 16 mg
Calcium: 17 mg
Iron: 2 mg