Prawn and Mango Salad
Stripy pink prawns are partnered with sweet, juicy mango and bitter salad leaves in a creamy shallot and cider vinegar dressing. This ultra-quick, pretty summer salad is satisfying, but not too rich.
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- 3 1/2 oz mixed salad leaves (radicchio frisee, rocket
- 14 oz cooked peeled tiger prawns
for the dressing:
- 1 small shallot peeled
- 5 oz very low fat natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- roughly torn coriander leaves
- First make the dressing. Chop the shallot very finely and place in a bowl with the fromage frais and cider vinegar. Mix well, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh either side of the stone to remove it. Thinly slice the mangoes.
- Scatter the salad leaves decoratively on large, individual plates and arrange the mango slices prettily amongst them. Place the prawns on top. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve garnished with coriander.
Calories: 154 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 144 mg
Sodium: 735 mg
Potassium: 299 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 381 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 113 mg
Iron: 1 mg