Indian Cauliflower and Green Pea Delight
- 26 oz Cauliflower phool gobhi, cut into medium-sized florets
- 7 oz Green peas hara matar, shelled
- 2 floz Mustard sarson oil
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds methi dana
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 oz Garlic lasan, peeled, crushed
- 1/2 oz Ginger adrak, scraped, finely ground
- 7 Green chillies slit, deseeded
- Slit the stalks of the florets and immerse in water. Rub 1/2 tsp salt into the peas and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add fenugreek seeds. Once they crackle, add cauliflower (drained). Cover and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder and toss. After 2 minutes, add salt and cook covered for 5 more minutes till the cauliflower becomes tender. If still not tender, sprinkle a little water and cook, covered again.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chillies, and green peas and cook covered, stirring occasionally till the peas become tender and the oil separates. Be careful to avoid breaking the florets.
Calories: 135 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 490 mg
Potassium: 750 mg
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 391 IU
Vitamin C: 121 mg
Calcium: 77 mg
Iron: 2 mg