Spinach, Pea and Mint Frittata
Quick and easy to make, this frittata can even be made a day in advance and refrigerated overnight. Bring back to room temperature or heat through before serving, with a crisp green salad.
- Fry Light for spraying
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced
- 7 oz spinach leaves washed and drained
- 1 red pepper cored, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 1/2 oz frozen or fresh shelled peas
- 3 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1 oz Parmesan or pecorino cheese finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large, 25 cm (10 in) non-stick frying pan (suitable for use under the grill) with Fry Light and place over a moderate heat. Add the spring onions to the pan and cook gently for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the spinach. Add to the pan with the red pepper and peas, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Stir the chopped mint into the beaten eggs, then pour into the frying pan. Fry gently for 5-6 minutes or until the base is lightly browned and set.
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot. Sprinkle the cheese over the surface of the frittata and season with salt and pepper. Place the pan under the grill for 4 - 5 minutes or until the top is set and golden. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before turning out of the pan. Serve cut into thick wedges, with a crisp green salad.
Calories: 169 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 250 mg
Sodium: 252 mg
Potassium: 552 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 6464 IU
Vitamin C: 65 mg
Calcium: 196 mg
Iron: 3 mg