Clafoutis Pancake: tender, sweet, and delicate. A beautiful dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
- 5 eggs
- 5 1/2 oz plain flour sifted
- 5 1/2 oz icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
for the fresh cherry clafoutis
- 1 lb black cherries
- 4 tbsp caster sugar superfine granulated with 1/2 tsp ground allspice mixed in
for the welsh apple clafoutis
- 1 lb cooking tart apples
- 4 tbsp caster sugar superfine granulated with 1 tsp cinnamon mixed i
- You can do this either by hand or in a food processor. By hand break the eggs into a nice big bowl and whisk them. Add a tablespoon of flour and a tablespoon of icing sugar, and whisk it in.
- Repeat until all of each are used up and you have a nice thick creamy batter. Add the tablespoon of oil and stir it in. If you are using a food processor, put in all the ingredients except the oil and whizz until a thick batter has formed. Add the oil and stir it in.
- Lightly grease with butter a long gratin dish or baking dish, at least 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) deep and at least a foot (30 cm) long, and pour in the batter.
- for the fresh cherry clafoutis
- Put the washed cherries on top of the batter and sprinkle on the caster sugar with allspice.
- for the welsh apple clafoutis
- Peel, core and cut the apples into walnut-sized pieces and mix with the cinnamon and sugar. Put the sugared apples on the batter.
- Place the dish in a medium oven for about an hour at gas mark 4 / 350°F / 180°C in a 160°C oven.
- The pancake rises around the fruit. You have a lovely, crunchy, spicy fruit centre in a wonderful golden pancake. Serve with cream or fromage frais.
Calories: 612 kcal
Carbohydrates: 122 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 205 mg
Sodium: 84 mg
Potassium: 436 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 84 g
Vitamin A: 1813 IU
Vitamin C: 17 mg
Calcium: 62 mg
Iron: 3 mg